Sunday, October 2, 2011

Makeup Whore

I love buying makeup. I do not love putting it on. I have this fantasy of waking up and leaving the house looking fresh off a photo shoot. Not gonna happen, unless I stood in front of the mirror for 2 hours, which I'm not willing to do. I am not the kind of girl that can really get away with just some gloss and mascara. Yet, that doesn't stop from leaving the house just like that, a lot. Buying new eyeshadow is usually my weakness. My inability to deviate from the brown/sand/gold family is weakness numero dos. In the past week, my makeup stock has grown exponentially.

Like I previously said, a couple weeks ago, I had my face done by a fabulous Urban Decay makeup artist. She did this amazing cat eye and bright lips combo, neither of which I had ever done before, nor purchased when she was done. I did however, buy the cream to powder foundation and this awesome cheek tint. I also got a gold (shocker!) sparkly eyelid primer that I haven't opened yet. Mostly because it was more of an "I feel bad, she did such a great job, I should really buy it even though I will never use it" kind of thing. Overall, I spent about $85.
Urban Decay foundation, tint, primer
The foundation was like magic, covering up all the imperfections without feeling heavy. The case is the size of luggage so I thought I was getting a super deal.
foundation case
Then I open the damn thing and it has about a drop of foundation. Not very impressed. That's some false advertisement if ever there was.
the totality of the foundation is in that bitty middle section
Then this week, when doing my returns at Target, I obs couldn't get out without buying something new. I found this makeup line E.L.F (eyes, lips, face) that I don't recall seeing in my previous 1 million trips to Targ. Anyhow, I got all of this:
tweezers, eyeliner and sharpener, eyeshadow and case, primer, lashes and brush
For $10!!!!

So all together, I paid about $100 for all that makeup. Not bad, and it'll be even less when I return the gold tranny primer.

No comments:

Post a Comment