Monday, May 16, 2011

Nothing A Little Girls Night Can't Fix



One Weds night, the girls and I went to see Something Borrowed. I had 4 Groupons that were about to expire, so it was a great, cheap option for a weekday night. We went to this great theatre that has tables and all the chairs are bucket seats from old Cadillacs. Plus you can eat and drink there, so it's pretty much the greatest invention of the 20th century. We got a movie, 128oz of Coors Light, popcorn, and dinner for $18 each! Tbag, Little Linds, and Rach had all read the book, so they knew the whole storyline, I was going in blind. But it's a Rom-Com, so I pretty much knew the ending before the previews stopped rolling. You can't really expect too much surprise from a Rom-Com, it's not like it's a M. Night Shyamalan movie, where you will undoubtedly see a major twist. In 99% of RCs, the good girl always gets the good guy, and that's exactly why I love them!

Plus, I am such a fan of Ginnifer Goodwin, mostly because she is the anti-Katherine Heigl.  The best guy friend was played by John Krasinki, who is just so adorable, and perfect in this role. Plus he's married to the British beauty Emily Blunt, who was fabulous in The Devil Wears Prada. Extra points because he's a Boston boy. Of course the big name on the movie was Kate Hudson, but let's be honest, Colin Egglesfield was the main attraction. WOW! 2 thumbs up for the casting department on that one! Seriously, where has he been all this time? I'll tell you where, wasting his and my time in minor, non-leading roles. Which is a miscarriage of justice if you ask me. Yowza.

Anyway, I really enjoyed the movie. A great pick for a girls night out!

Luckily for me, girls nights are fastly becoming a weekly occurrence in my life again. There was a time a few months back where I was barely picking up my phone, nevermind making plans with a gaggle of girls. Just in the last 6 weeks or so, I've finally crawled out of my depressed unemployment hole.

The first month of umemployment was sweet.  It was very much: "who needs work?, I'll stay up late and sleep til noon", ya know, The Good Life. The worst part was when everyone would ask what my plans were, and what did I want to do, blah, blah, leave me alone. Most of the time I knew they meant well, but it became difficult dealing with everyone's constant questioning. Then the 2nd and 3rd months, I hit a wall. Couldn't find jobs that seemed decent, couldn't even get a damn response from potential employers! ugh. I pretty much stopped leaving the house. Not my best look.


So I started this blog. I needed to do something to keep my brain active. As much as being free of work and responsibility can have it's advantages, after awhile, it becomes a painful bore more than anything else. 

Well, now, I got my swagger back! I'm unemployed and I ain't ashamed. I have all the free time in the world and lucky for me, my unemployment checks cover my bills with a little left over to have a life (bc God knows my savings is nonexistent). Now I have plans 3-4 nights a week. Whether it be lunch on a deck when the weather decides to cooperate, or a girls night in with Skinnygirl and playoff games (Bye Celts, hello Bruins).

I'm just trying to make the most of a difficult situation. It certainly doesn't hurt to have girls around who love a cocktail and some gossip as much as me!
















No comments:

Post a Comment