Monday, April 11, 2011

I don't fancy myself a scholar, however.....

I can not stand when people misuse or misspell simple words. When I read status updates on Facebook, I imagine what GED educators must go through while grading papers. Now, in the interest of being honest, there are definitely times, where my fingers move faster than my brain, and I might misspell something. However, I am immediately filled with shame. Not looking like an idiot is very important to me, evidently, that's not a concern to many on Facebook. If I see one more "witch" instead of "which" or "weather" instead of "whether", I might scream. The other day I saw "one" in place of "won". Are you freaking kidding me?! How do these people hold down jobs, and pay bills, and survive?

Don't even get me started on they're, their, and there.

No comments:

Post a Comment