Sunday, April 10, 2011

what's with the low self esteem?

Judge me if you will, but sometimes I watch Teen Mom. I am a whore for reality tv, shoot me. Tonight I watched the reunion show. Sweet mother of God. These little piss ants are ridic. Chelsea, the one with the dead beat baby daddy finally got her act together and broke it off on the finale. Come reunion time, they are back on. WTF. He cheated on her multiple times, he looks like a heroin addict and he never has a nice thing to say about her. He has ruined almost every other relationship she has. Yet she keeps going back.

She is on Teen Mom, so she obviously has a track record of dumb ass decision making.
 I get it. Every girl has moments of low self esteem. God knows I do. But to live your life with such a low opinion of yourself is mind boggling to me. Allow someone to mistreat me? Not gonna happen. My favorite First Lady, Eleanor Roosevelt, famously said "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent".

I've been witness to my own friend's struggles with shitty boyfriends. The one constant was that they always thought they had done something wrong. Just because you're told something over and over again doesn't mean it's true.

Who let's someone speak to them in a threatening or demeaning way? Who wants to be with someone that doesn't respect them or see them as their equal? Who wants to be with someone that doesn't want the same things as you? What the hell.

Although I have yet to find any, I'm sure there are plenty of decent, single guys out there that want what you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment