Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Happy Belated Memorial Day!


Over the past 2 years, both my Uncle and best friend joined the Army. My Uncle has been in Afghanistan since Jan. My friend went to basic training and was then sent to a base in Missouri. As if a Memorial Day present from the military, they will both be home in June.  My Uncle is back for 2 weeks to be home for my cousin's high school graduation. My friend came home today, he'll be back for 3 1/2 weeks before being shipped out to Korea for a year :(  After going 6 months without seeing them, getting a little visit is such a great gift. I have had the pleasure to fly next to or around active military men and women on occasion during my travels. They are all in such great spirits either on their way home or returning from a visit. Never underestimate the power of support for our brave military.

No comments:

Post a Comment